This documentation is related to typical LAN techologies found in Enterprise or End Customer networks. This includes IGP, multicasting, switching and Customer Edge systems like NAT or Firewall Security.
- EIGRP Key Chains – A handy diagram showing the steps necessary to configure EIGRP authentication.
- NAT Types – Inside and Outside NAT vs. Local and Global NAT is a bit confusing. Use this diagram as a quick reference to keep it straight in your head:
- IGMPv2 Queries, Reports and Timers – Shows the basics of who sends what queries/reports to who and how often they are sent.
- IPv6 Router Solicitation/Advertisement Sequence and Address Resolution – Shows the basics of RS and RA exchanges in IPv6 as well as Address Resolution (the equivalent of ARP in IPv4).
- OSPF and EIGRP Neighborship Requirements – Useful mneumonic device to help remember the neighborship requirements for OSPF and EIGRP neighbours. MMANTRAPS.
- Destination Multicast MAC Address Calculation – This shows how the destination multicast MAC address is calculated from the destination multicast IPv4 address. It also breaks down how and why there is an overlap of multiple Class D multicast addresses to a single destination MAC.
- Embedded RP in IPv6 Multicast – Shows the breakdown of the calculation used to determine the RP address when Embedded RP addressing is used in IPv6 Multicast
- Etherchannel – This document gives a good cheat-sheet style overview of Etherchannel technology, showing the configuration of both PAgP and LACP.
- Reading an SNMP MIB – Using mib 2 as an example, this document details how to read and interpret an SNMP MIB that uses the SMIv1 standard.